Normally I use a few long nets and bits of sticks and canes to make a right old mess of netting over the brassicas. This year I decided I’d do things properly and made a proper frame out of canes and those odd plastic ball connectors, then wrapped it all in netting, held on with clothes pegs and twine and pegged down with tent pegs. It should keep things safe from butterflies and pigeons.
It’s about 24 x 8 ft and a bit of a pain to get inside, but I’ve managed to get all of the plants in and hopefully I won’t need to climb inside to weed for a while yet.
Talking of weeding, this weather, on and off rain and blazing sunshine, is great for them. It’s a proper battle at the moment and I still haven’t finished all the digging.